Play Blackjack Online at Joo Casino
Blackjack is one of the most exciting table games at Joo Casino. The game is a favorite for new and experienced gamblers alike because of how simple it is to play. In this write-up, we’ll discuss the blackjack rules and game types you can play at the online casino. We’ve also included some strategies that you can employ to increase your winning chances. So keep reading.
The aim of playing blackjack is to have a card value that is higher than the dealer's without exceeding 21. It is usually played at a table with 2 to 7 players using one to eight decks of cards.
All number cards from 2 to 10 retain their value. On the other hand, face cards (King, Queen, and Jack), are counted as ten. The ace is one of the most important cards in blackjack, as it can serve as an 11 or a 1.
The blackjack game starts with every player placing their bets. After this, the dealer deals two cards to each participant, starting from their right-hand side. The croupier also gets two cards, one face up, and the other face down.
Every player then has the chance to hit or stand. If you hit, you’re dealt another card. This decision is best made when the value of your first two cards is between 12-16. So, taking on another card would not cause your total hand to be more than 21. Note that if your hand exceeds 21, you lose outright.
If you choose to stand, you don’t take another card. This is best when your card value is 17 and above. After players have made their decision, the dealer reveals their second card. Based on their card value, they can hit or stand.
How to Win?
If you have a better hand than the dealer, you win, and you get an even money payout. So, if you had bet $100 and won, the house pays you another $100 in addition to your original stake. If the dealer has a better hand, you lose.
Another way to win when playing blackjack games is to get a “Natural.” This is also called a blackjack hand, and it happens when you get exactly 21 on your first two cards. A Natural pays out 3:2, so you get an additional $150 for a $100 bet.
Types of Blackjack
There are basically two types of blackjack online games: RNG-based and live dealer blackjack.
- RNG-Based Blackjack: This version is played with a computer instead of a real dealer. A random number generator determines the outcome of the game. It is this technology that determines if you get an ace, an 8, or any other card value. Some examples of these titles at Joo Casino include Vegas Strip Blackjack and European Blackjack.
- Live Blackjack: This version is played with an actual dealer. The game is streamed in real-time from an actual casino or a remote studio with a casino setting. Unlike the RNG version, you can communicate with the dealer and other participants (if you’re not the only one at the table). Examples of live blackjack casino games on our platform include Blackjack Azure and ONE Blackjack.
There are a few strategies you can employ if you want to make the most out of your time when you play blackjack online. Here are some of the strategies to try.
Use Basic Strategy
Using the basic strategy means that you know when to hit, stand, split, or double down.
- You stand when your hand is between 12 and 6 and the dealer has between 2 and 6.
- You hit when your hand value is between 12 and 16, and the dealer has from 7 to an Ace.
- Split aces and 8s.
- Double when you have an 11 if the dealer has between 2-10.
- Double or hit when you have a soft 16.
When you try blackjack online for real money, start with a small bet. With small stakes, you can stretch your bankroll and lay more rounds than when you place large wagers.
Take Advantage of Bonuses
Joocasino offers bonuses you can claim to boost your bankroll. Using this, you can try your hands at blackjack to win real money.
Important Blackjack Terms
The following are common terms you’ll come across when you play blackjack.
- Anchorman: The last player at the table to act before the dealer.
- Bankroll: The amount of cash you use to play.
- Blackjack: This is the name of the game, but it is also when you get an ace and a face value card.
- Burn Card: A card that's removed from the top deck before the cards are dealt.
- Bust: A hand that goes over the hand value of 21.
- Discard Tray: A tray on the table where the dealer puts a card that's been dealt from the deck.
- Double Down: When you double your bet and receive only one card in return.
- Hit: When a player doesn’t take any more cards.
- Hole Card: The dealer’s card that is dealt face down.
- House Edge: The casino's advantage over the player is expressed as a percentage of the bet wager.
- Insurance: An optional bet where you place an extra half of your stake. You get 2:1 if the dealer has blackjack.
- Push: When the player and the dealer have the same card value. The player gets his or her bets back.
- Shoe: The container on the table where the cards are kept.
- Soft Hand: Any hand that has an Ace as an 11.
- Split: To create two hands when you get two cards of the same value.
- Surrender: To give up a hand after the first two cards are dealt. Players get half of their initial stake back.
Play Blackjack Online for Real Money or for Free
Joocasino offers live dealer versions and RNG-based blackjack. You can play the RNG variation for real money for a chance to win actual cash. There are also free versions you can try without risking cash. On the other hand, live dealer games can be played only for real money.
Whether you play RNG-based or live versions of blackjack, you’re sure to have a good time. Joo Casino has several variants you can enjoy. Good luck!